Well, NaNoWriMo is upon us! How are you all holding up? Any casualties (authors or characters)? The news over here is that my brain is fried and I’m slowly forgetting how to type. But at least I’m still on track! *whispers* sacrifices must be made. So I was nominated for *flourish of kazoos* The Leibster Award! A while ago! And I’m just now getting to it! Anyway, y’all should know the drill by now.
Thank the person who nominated you and display the award. That would be Chalice at Lionhearted Art! Go check out her post, it’s hilarious.
Answer the questions provided.
Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 5-11 other bloggers and make sure they know! Uhhh…
Ask your nominees 11 questions UHHHH… We’ll see I guess.
I’ve never displayed the award before but Let Us Be Fancy This Time:
What is something you feel like isn’t talked about enough?
Tomatoes are fruits, of course, but so are cucumbers. Why isn’t it called FruitieTales!? False advertising.
What’s a song that is really special to you right now?
I don’t know about “special,” but I’ve been listening to Danse Macabe as covered by The Oh Hellos a lot.
If you could go back and relive any memory, just to experience it again, what memory would you go back to?
The last time I ate pizza because I like pizza. #SoQuirky
Would you rather have dreads or be bald? (Just asking the important questions.)
Bald, because then I could tape yarn to my head. No one would even notice the difference!
If you could speak any language fluently, which language would you choose?
I’m already working on being fluent in Spanish, but if I had to choose another, either German or Russian. Two languages I’ve never been in a situation where I needed to know them. But you never know when you might be caught in a time singularity and find yourself in medieval Europe and have to pass as a humble peasant in order not to be burnt at the stake. Though English would probably still work fine in that situation…
What’s something you’ve always wanted to do, but haven’t done yet?
Build a giant robot.
Why haven’t you done the thing mentioned above? I mean, come on. You’ve always wanted to do it….
Good point. But I don’t live in one of the cities that always get destroyed by giant robots. I mean, come on, if there’s going to be a giant robot, it should be in San Francisco or London or something. Who’s going to take a robot that destroys a small suburban town seriously? People would laugh. And that would make my hypothetical giant robot feel bad.
What are three things off the top of your head that make you happy?
Unnecessarily underlining things.
Succeeding at claw machine games because you’re not supposed to and also I got a rubber ducky.
Spying on people as they read my blog posts. (on a completely unrelated note, your hair looks nice today.)
What are three things off the top of your head that make you sad?
Fonts that make things hard to read.
When it’s cold and your eyes are just like “welp, it’s time to look like you’re having an emotional breakdown!”
When people chase me out of their towns with pitchforks. Oh, I’m sorry, was I not supposed to tame the dragon living in the woods? Someone should have said something!
How do you want to change the world in your lifetime?
I want to be a forensic scientist so I can help keep my giant-robot-free city safe.
Do you wear socks in bed?
Not unless I want to lose them to The Void.
11 Random factz:
- NC Stokes is a pen name, but N and C are my real first and middle initials.
- I’m hungry so it’s surprising I only mentioned pizza once.
- I have now mentioned pizza twice.
- Oh there I go again.
- I’m currently procrastinating.
- Ron is wearing a silly hat in my latest NaNo chapter.
- I have a big ol’ model pirate ship in the room I write in.
- The pirates watch me write and silently judge. Because I am not writing about pirates.
- Or am I? There’s still plenty of November left.
I tag… You. You want to the tag? It’s yours. Take it.
Questionz for you!
- What’s your most amusing typo you can remember?
- If you could frame a quote and put it on your wall, what would it be?
- What’s a song that makes you nostalgic?
- Vegetable juice: yea or nay?
- When you eat a donut, where does the hole go?
- What’s a phrase you say a lot?
- Do you like to keep a lot of knickknacks around, or do you prefer your spaces to look clean?
- Do you like spicy food?
- Opinions on allegories?
- If you had the chance to go to space, would you?
- Do you like “so bad they’re good” movies? If so, what’s your favorite?
And this concludes tagventures with NC!